GN Block, Behind Asian Heart Hospital, Near UTI Building, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra- East, Mumbai – 400 051
21st and 22nd March, 2020| (8:00 - 16:00)
Grades: 4 to 8
A Model United Nations(MUN) is a simulation of the United Nations(UN) where students of young ages assume the roles of diplomats and discuss issues of global importance. The Mount Litera School International Model United Nations in association with The Alpha Urbane Project brings the United Nations and its workings alive specifically for students of young ages studying in grades 4,5,6,7 and 8. Delegates gain keen insight into the dynamics of International Relations cultivating their critical thinking, logical reasoning, research abilities and most importantly, public speaking skills. MLSI MUN offers participants an immersive learning experience as they grapple with major global issues.
1) Exposure The exposure received from attending a MUN is unparalleled; more so when you attend MLSI MUN because students from over 20 schools of Mumbai will participate in this MUN.
2) Sharpening your Soft Skills MLSI MUN provides you with a platform to improve your leadership, presentation, public speaking and debating skills amongst many others. It is also a unique opportunity to learn from your peers and develop a solution oriented approach whilst discussing global issues.
3) Unique Conference Preparation Guide Going to any MUN can be scary, especially if it’s your first MUN. We are sure you will be well prepared when you read our detailed conference preparation guide. The guide will answer any and all questions a delegate may have from the point of registration until the observation-based assessment is sent.
4) MUN Training Session TAUP’s network of seasoned MUNing coaches offer training sessions to any delegate that requires it, free of additional charges. Parents are allowed to accompany their children to these sessions as well. The more prepared you are, the easier the MUN gets.
5) Observation Based Assessments We believe that holistic development is of utmost importance. In accordance with this principle, the performance of every delegate attending MLSI MUN is analyzed using an observation based assessment. This assessment covers ten parameters, ranging from public speaking ability and negotiation skills to research and writing ability. A delegate will receive constructive feedback so they are able to improve as a debater and MUNer.
6) Resume Strengthening Every college or university scouts for students that are presentable, confident and are actively engaged in extracurricular activities. MLSI MUN gives you the unique opportunity to start building your resume from a young age.
7) Experienced Moderators and Executive Board At MLSI MUN we assure you that for every 15 delegates, we will have one moderator present in committee. The Moderators at MLSI MUN are appointed after a rigorous training and vetting process to ensure there is fruitful debate in committee.
8) Small Committee Sizes At all MUN’s organised by The Alpha Urbane Project we ensure each committee has a maximum of 40 delegates. This ensures more one-on-one, personal attention from the members of the Executive Board.
9) Vast Choice in Agendas/Topics At all MUN’s organised by The Alpha Urbane Project there is a large choice of topics for interested delegates to choose from. The topics are interdisciplinary and multifaceted and all delegates are allowed to state their preferred topic whilst registering! Topics range from discussing the environment, to healthcare, science, technology, politics, current affairs, outer space, and beyond!
10) Focus on Verbal Debate At most MUN’s there is a focus on paperwork which students of young ages find difficult to draft. We hence focus on the presentation of research through verbal argument and have taken out the concept of a position paper. While each committee will be encouraged to draft a resolution, delegates will be taught how to write one on the first day of the conference.
11) 24/7 Alpha Urbane Helpline In case you have any queries, don’t hesitate to contact us on +91 82919 74433. We will address any doubts a delegate may have from registration to research and more. Looking forward to connecting with you!
12) Familiar Location Usually, taking part in a MUN requires a long journey to travel to the venue of the conference. However, MLSI MUN organised by The Alpha Urbane Project gives you the same opportunity in the comfort of your own school.
The United Nations (UN) is an international organization created in 1945, shortly after
the end of WWII. The UN was formed by 51 countries in order to encourage resolution
of international conflicts without war and to form policies on international issues. Like
most organizations, the UN was formed in order to meet certain goals and purposes.
Article I of the Charter of the United Nations specifies the purposes of the UN. The
Charter of United Nations (UN Charter) is the UN's governing document, much like the
Constitution of the United States of America.
The UN Charter sets out four main purposes
1) Maintaining worldwide peace and security
2) Developing relations among nations
3) Fostering cooperation between nations in order to solve economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian international problems
4) Providing a forum for bringing countries together to meet the UN's purposes and goals
Model United Nations is a simulation of the UN General Assembly and other multilateral bodies. In Model UN, students step into the shoes of ambassadors from UN member states to debate current issues on the organization's agenda. While playing their roles as ambassadors, student "delegates" make speeches, prepare draft resolutions, negotiate with allies and adversaries, resolve conflicts, and navigate the Model UN conference rules of procedure - all in the interest of mobilizing international cooperation to resolve problems that affect countries all over the world.
A Model UN delegate is a student who assumes the role of an ambassador to the United Nations in a Model UN simulation. Prior to a conference or event, a Model UN delegate does not need extensive experience in international relations. Anyone can participate in Model UN, so long as they have the ambition to learn something new and to work with people to try and make a difference in the world. Model UN students tend to go on to become great leaders in politics, law, business, education and medicine, such as the people mentioned above.
Model UN promotes students' and teachers' interest in the world around them and broadens a student's knowledge in a variety of subjects. Model UN also teaches vital skills in negotiation, public speaking, problem-solving, conflict resolution, research and communication. Model UN also gives students and teachers the opportunity to meet interesting new people and make new friends.
For over 60 years, teachers and students have benefited from and enjoyed this interactive learning experience. It not only involves young people in the study and discussion of global issues, but also encourages the development of skills useful throughout their lives, such as research, writing, public speaking, problem-solving, consensus building, conflict resolution and compromise and cooperation.
Yes, absolutely! We will try our hardest to help you learn how to research through our training session so you can hit the ground running.
The cost includes everything right from the delegate kit, to food and water, to the training sessions.
Yes, it will be available.
Western Formals, unless specified otherwise.
Delegates are permitted to carry cell phones, laptops, tablets and other electronic gadgets strictly for research purposes.
Feel free to call us at +91 82919 74433 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ensure all your doubts are resolved.
Only your research. We at The Alpha Urbane Project will provide you with everything
Also, don’t forget to carry a reusable water bottle since there will only be facilities to refill a water bottle. The Alpha Urbane Project would like to ensure this is a plastic-free event and hence will not be providing single use plastic bottles.
Welcome back! Please login to your account to access TAUP Delegate System.
Create an account to access TAUP Delegate System.
You have been successfully registered. To activate your account check your email and confirm your registration.